The impressive Wappensaal, the Vogelsaal, the music room and many interesting details still testify today to the artistry of the builder Günther von Bünau (1557 - 1619)
and the subsequent generations of Saxon noble family, residing for three centuries in Lauenstein. High-quality portrait sculptures - dating from the beginning of the 17th century - have been preserved in the chapel and the tower room. The reconstructed park in baroque style and the herb garden with its ornamental plants frame the castle.
The main castle has been extensively renovated and restored over the past three decades and now houses the Museum of East Ore Mountains.